Plenty of leisure options
More than a charming weekend getaway, Paternoster has plenty to keep you occupied here for longer.
If you would prefer sun, beach and downtime with minimal distractions then you won’t be disappointed. You’re welcome to spend your downtime tucking your toes in the sand or curling up on a poolside deck chair with a good read and a cocktail.
That said, the truth is, you probably won’t be able to ignore the irresistible pull of experiencing at least one or more of Paternoster’s charms. Consequently, we’ve put together a list of some activities and places of interest in or nearby Paternoster.
- Explore the impressive Columbine Nature Reserve to discover an abundance of indigenous flora and fauna, and the rugged beauty of our coastline
- Visit the Cape Columbine lighthouse which, built in 1936. Please check opening hours before visiting
- Paddle across the bay in a sea kayak to spot penguins and sea birds in their natural surroundings
- Set out on foot along the beach to The Greater Paternoster Nature Reserve and keep a watchful eye – you may see dolphins
- Go kite surfing, horse riding or book an ebike trip
- Do some wine tasting along the West Coast Wine Route
- Book a beach buggy
- Stroll about the village and browse various eateries, arts and crafts
- Pop in to the historic Paternoster Hotel and have a drink at the infamous Panty Bar
- Dine on freshly prepared seafood at one of our local eateries
- Treat yourself to a pamper session at Dunes Beauty
- Watch the sun gradually descend into the sea while sipping on a cocktail from our honesty bar